Thursday, March 1, 2012

Welcome to my new blog, Heart Punch Wrestling Essays

Welcome to the blog.

As many of you probably already know, I love professional wrestling. I grew up with it, and I can't get enough of the stuff. I love the five-star matches, where the best performers anywhere in the world go out and really make the audience believe. All the same, I love watching Harvey Whippleman try and teach Kamala to bowl. I love the creativity involved. I love learning the history. I love that no matter how crappy the week or what is going on, at least wrestling will be on, every Monday night. I’ve never really wanted to do anything but be involved in wrestling, but I guess no one falls into it, or breaks in without going for it. And thus the first reason that I’m here….

I have a few goals for the site starting out, but from a personal standpoint, I want it to serve as a portfolio of sorts. I want to build a body of work creatively, and hopefully an audience. I want to get my ideas out there. My thought was to use a familiar outlet, writing, to more fully involve myself.

My next goals are in regards to who’s going to be here checking things out. I want the site to be readable, and interesting, to diehards like myself and casual supporters, or even non-wrestling fans, alike, equally. Really, this is just a blog about being passionate for something.

So here goes nothing. I have some big plans, but this is probably not going to be a five-posts-per-day kind of blog, so I encourage anybody and everybody to get the latest updates by either following posts by e-mail via the little box in the bottom right hand corner of this page, or following me on Twitter @ElliottMarquis. And of course, e-mail me about pro wrestling anytime at heartpunchwrestling@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment